Are you worried about a loved
following signs may mean someone is at risk for suicide. The risk of
suicide is greater if a behavior is new or has increased and if it seems
related to a painful event, loss, or change. If you or someone you know
exhibits any of these signs, seek help as soon as possible by calling
the Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
- Talking about wanting to die or to kill themselves.
- Looking for a way to kill themselves, such as searching online or buying a gun
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live.
- Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain.
- Talking about being a burden to others.
- Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs.
- Acting anxious or agitated; behaving recklessly.
- Sleeping too little or too much.
- Withdrawing or isolating themselves.
- Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge.
- Displaying extreme mood swings.