When a student
transfers to Hillsborough from another district in New Jersey, or from
an out of state district, the receiving Child Study Team shall conduct
an immediate review of all evaluation information as well as the IEP.
If the Child Study Team accepts the IEP as received:
- The students program will be implemented immediately.
- A new IEP cover page will be prepared.
- The case manager
will schedule a meeting with the parent (adult student). At the meeting
acceptance of the IEP will be discussed and parental (adult student)
If the Child Study Team disagrees with the IEP as received:
- An interim IEP, consistent with the received IEP, will be implemented immediately.
- The case manager will immediately schedule an IEP team meeting.
If the received records are unavailable or incomplete:
- An interim program, consistent with currently available information, will be implemented immediately.
- The Child Study Team will immediately complete any evaluations and develop/revise the IEP.
In all situations, the Case Manager will:
- Record student in the Blue Book.
- Complete the Change of Placement.
- Notify Transportation.
- Inform the schools
administration, guidance department and any other staff member who
needs to know the students classification status.